The Earth’s Moon has always been a mystical celestial body whose unseen paranormal forces affect a variety of supernatural creatures. Werewolves being the number one entities under the Moon’s hypnotic spell. In the supernatural community we give the most used names for the Full Moon of any given month. However, in some months various higher dimensional beings or metaphysical forces might be more dominant thereby causing a name change. Click Here For 2020 Full Moons…
The Paranormal Names And Enchanted Effects Of The Full Metaphysical Moons
January – Wolf Moon – The name was originally derived from the large number of wolves roaming about while howling at the Moon in hunger. In reality they were howling in fear at the monstrous menace of the Werewolf! The enchanted energy of the Wolf Moon compels Werewolves to form into spontaneous temporary packs. This is unusual as most werewolves are low profile loners. Generally, organized packs are among those hereditary werewolves and those with control over transformation while maintaining a level of sentience in wolf form.
Wild werewolves gain the capacity to detect their own kind and send forth psychic signals for up to 100 miles! Once they come together they battle for Alpha, Beta, and Omega status. Normal wolves are hypnotized into joining the pack as support in the hunt for human prey. Thankfully, most of the time it is any animal that moves! The danger of these packs make the Wolf Moon the most paranormally perilous next to the Halloween Blood Moon of October! If the Full Moon falls on January 1st then it’s the New Years Moon. The Baby New Year and Spirit Of Christmas effectively nullify the Wolf Moon thereby canceling these new packs. There is still a werewolf threat but it is greatly decreased. In some cases, a residual harmless fluffy white Yule Moon werewolf might be seen in those freshly bitten and infected with the Lycanthrope Virus.
February – Ice Moon – Name comes from the ice ridden nature of February which at times can seem like the heart of winter. Also called the Snow Moon due to the abundance of snowfall. No unusual effect on Werewolves. If it falls on Valentine’s Day then it’s the Valentine’s Moon effectively thawing the Ice Moon out.
March – Storm Moon – Werewolves will tend to be more aggressive during March storms whether snow or rain. However the luck of Saint Patrick’s Day helps protect humans from the Werewolf menace. Falling on the 17th makes it Saint Patrick’s Moon, the Shamrock Moon, the Leprechauns Moon, or the Lucky Moon. In essence the luckiest Moon of the year! It may also be called this if it falls on The 7 Days Of Saint Patrick under the right conditions. If the Full Moon falls on the Spring Equinox then it’s the Spring Moon.
April – Pink Moon – Considered the second safest Moon of the year with the Yule being the first. The Pink Moon originally got its name from the first flowers of summer which are pink moss, and pink phlox in some areas. Flowers used in various mystical potions, and spells which may play a role in the Moon actually appearing pink in some places. Angle of sunset, clouds, and air pollutants might cause a somewhat pink hue in some areas as well. However the true deep pink color is magical in origin, and is caused by various practitioners of magic channeling the power of spring, and even the Spirit Of Easter which still hangs in the air of April thanks to the beloved Easter Bunny. Anywhere near the world’s only known Werehare, aka Easter Bunny, or the Spirit Of Easter will also experience the full pink colored Moon without witches, warlocks, wizards, or sorcerers having a hand in it. If the Full Moon falls within a week of Easter it’s the Egg Moon. If on Easter Sunday then it’s the Easter Moon. Activity it extremely safe during these Moons with Easter being the safest.
May – Flower Moon – Name comes from the first flowers of Spring. No unusual effect on Werewolves.
June – Goddess Moon – No unusual effect on Werewolves. If the Full Moon falls on the Summer Solstice then it’s the Summer Moon. Most call it the Strawberry Moon due to the ripening of small fruits during this month. However in the paranormal community we know that practitioners of magic perform grand ceremonies for the Summer Solstice, and pay homage to all manner of Earthly Gods, and Goddesses in particular. Especially the Goddess Gaia of the Earth. All Moon Goddesses have great power during this month.
July – Thunder Moon – Name derived from abundance of thunderstorms during the month of July.
August – Lightning Moon – No unusual effects for Werewolves under normal conditions. However during lightning storms some who get struck by lightning can develop temporary electrokinetic properties.
September – Harvest Moon – The first full moon closest to the autumnal equinox causes werewolves to have more power due to the increased moonlight. Although it doesn’t increase aggression all that much. The harvest moon also causes them to leave the woods and prowl about farm fields. Greater chance of running into a werewolf crossing roadways or through people’s backyards. Much increased chance of contact with people which fuels their lust for blood and fresh meat. Werewolves being human in origin are naturally drawn to human meat. The big bright harvest moon is often used by farmers to continue working into the night which places them in harms way as well. If the Moon falls on the Autumnal Equinox then it’s the Autumn Moon. Sometimes called Pumpkin Moon when it has an orange hue.
October – Blood Moon – The Blood Moon, or Sanguine Moon, is considered the most supernaturally dangerous Full Moon of the year due to the dark forces conjured up by Halloween. It is also the Moon of Werewolf origin. The closer the Full Moon is to Halloween the more dangerous it is. There is a general increase in all paranormal activity with heightened aggression. Werewolves in particular become more ferocious than usual. Also called the Hunters Moon due to the popularity of hunting during this time of both a normal, and paranormal nature. If it falls on Halloween then it’s the Halloween Blood Moon.
November – Dark Moon – Name derived from first frost of the season. No unusual effects on Werewolves.
December – Yule Moon – Considered the safest Moon of the year thanks to the Spirit Of Christmas that creates cuddly harmless white Werewolves. In many cases Werewolves won’t transform at all during the Yule Moon. Evil paranormal activity is greatly decreased. When the Moon falls on the Winter Solstice it’s called the Winter Yule Moon, and Christmas it’s called the Christmas Yule Moon.
Miscellaneous Metaphysical Moons
- New Moon – Ferocious Manticores come out to play! Werewolves feel most human while at their lowest in paranormal power.
- Blue Moon – A second full moon in any given month. This results in a super werewolf similar to the Super Moon werewolf. Four full moons in a season rather than the usual three tends to not have any supernatural sway. However, the 13th full moon of the year in December dampens the enchanted energies of the Yule Moon to varying extents due to bad luck. This tends to be far less when the Moon is near Christmas and New Years.
- Friday The 13th Full Moon – Causes demonic possession of werewolves. Demonic werewolves are the most violent and deadly of all werewolves. Only albino werewolves come in a close second followed by Super Moon werewolves.
- Super Moon – Moon closest to Earth. Causes an extra powerful & aggressive hulked out werewolf.
- Lunar Eclipse – Causes werewolf de-transformation yet they maintain their werewolf persona in human form going on serial killing sprees. It’s also rumored that the werewolf virus is vulnerable during an eclipse and that there’s a chance for a cure and the restoration of full humanity.
- Partial Lunar Eclipse – A wolf man or woman form is taken during such an eclipse.
- Penumbral Lunar Eclipse – Dampens lunar energies thereby calming werewolves down to an extent.
- Violet Moon
- Super Blue Blood Moon Eclipse
- Black Moon – Second New Moon in any given month. It can deeply dampen full Moon lunar energies thereby canceling werewolf transformation.
2020 Full Moons Dates And Paranormal Predictions
Links to our paranormal activity forecasts for each Moon and the werewolf outlook.
- January 10th – Wolf Moon (Penumbral Eclipse)
- February 9th – Dark Valentine’s Ice Moon
- March 9th – Dark Luck Super Storm Moon – Courtesy of proximity to Friday The 13th!
- April 7th – Enchanted Easter Egg Super Moon
- May 7th – Flower Moon
- June 5th – Honey Moon – Beatrice Bee Queen Of Hell prophesied to control this Moon? (Penumbral Eclipse)
- July 5th – Thunder Moon (Penumbral Eclipse)
- August 3rd – Lightning Moon
- September 2nd – Hallowed Harvest Moon
- October 1st – Blood Moon Of The Halloween Season
- October 31st – Halloween Blue Blood Moon! 2nd Blood Moon on Halloween itself grants exponentially magnified paranormal power! Some locations could experience a Violet Moon.
- November 30th – Dark Moon – Might be more violent due to double Blood Moon Halloween trouble and Friday The 13th! (Penumbral Eclipse)
- December 29th – Holy Yule Moon. Dampened by it being the 13th moon. However Spirit Of New Years coalescing with that of Christmas will most likely keep bad luck at bay.