As far as the different human blood types AB- has the best flavor yet it’s the only type that actually weakens vampires. Unfortunately for them it’s the only variety of human blood that’s somewhat poisonous to vampires. The deceptively sweet tasting AB- will weaken them for many hours. Most Vampire Slayers coincidentally tend to have this blood type. In general human blood is the perfect fuel for vampires to maintain their peak power. Older vampires have visions of the human’s life when drinking their blood. They have also been known to temporarily acquire their talents and if they continue to practice it becomes permanent. Humans with various diseases might have blood that tastes rather bad to a vampire. Certain foods such as garlic eaten in large quantity by a human would make their blood repellant to vampires.
Some good vampires choose to subsist off animal blood which is needed in far greater quantities to maintain their minimal strength. They are at a disadvantage when going up against vampires who consume human blood. Ethically there is nothing wrong for a moral vampire to subsist off of willingly donated human blood.
Vampires can also ingest the blood of other vampires or other supernatural creatures although it’s not known if they can subsist off of them due to the rarity of obtaining such blood. In the case of other vampires it’s not really possible since vampires have very little blood in their living dead bodies. A vampire ingesting the blood of another vampire creates a bond between them to the point of being able to read each others minds when nearby. In addition they can find each other anywhere on Earth. When a vampire brings another across this is where the eternal bond is forged. Other paranormal beings blood and their effects on vampires includes:
- Gnome Blood – Allows vampires to exist in direct sunlight for many hours.
- Werewolf Blood – Increased aggression and oddly enough aversion to moonlight.
- Chupacabra Blood – Turns vampires into violent out of control animals with no intelligent reasoning.
- Unicorn Blood – Turns a vampire invincible and immune to all magic. No information on whether this is permanent or not.
- Demon Blood – Turns good vampires evil and increases strength ten fold in all vampires.
- Leprechaun Blood – Turns evil vampires good and gives them good luck in all they do. All vampires acquire temporary good luck.
- Mermaid Blood – Temporarily turns a vampire into a mermaid.
- Hereditary Witches Blood – Gives the vampires their genetically inherited magical powers.
- Angel Blood (When they take human form) – Rumored to reverse vampirism and restore them to human form. They must be pure of heart for this to happen and then they will be absolved of their past sins. If they are evil it acts as a poison that will kill them.
- Reverse Vampire Blood – Might possibly turn a vampire into a reverse vampire temporarily or permanently.
- Zombie Blood – Considered poison. Greatly weakens a vampire and makes him vulnerable to attack. The taste is so horrific that it’s rather difficult to fool a vampire into drinking it. Injection with a pure silver syringe would be the way to go since there’s a good chance of killing the vampire.
- Sasquatch Blood (Bigfoot) – Will kill a vampire within hours. Bigfoot blood is very sweet and rare so a vampire can easily be fooled into drinking it.
- Yeti Blood (Abominable Snowman) – Can reverse the deadly effects of Bigfoot blood. If no Sasquatch blood has been ingested then it merely makes them more aggressive with a craving for below freezing temperatures.
- Genie Blood – The only way a vampire can get the three wishes from a Genie. In this case the vampire can grant his own wishes before the Genie power wears off.
- Extraterrestrial Blood – There are several types of aliens but the only known record indicates that the blood of the Greys from Gliese 581 turns vampires deeply violent and increases their strength three fold.