A Haunted House, or Building, is any structure consistently inhabited by an ghost, poltergeist, demon, or some other manner of metaphysical spirit. Most often ghosts of deceased humans are the source of haunted houses. Generally they haunt the place they died in after a traumatic death, or consistently hellish life. Depending on their emotional state, energy in the environment, and access to various metaphysical energy sources, they may exhibit a wide range of tell tale signs. These can fluctuate anywhere from subtle cues, and complete physical manifestation! Such manifestation, and violent outbursts are thankfully rare events.
Any of the following factors classify a house as haunted when a professional handyman is unable to find a physical cause:
- Visual specters, and light bursts of varying types. They could be blurs, or easily recognizable people. The more solid they appear the more worrisome their intention is since this takes great power.
- Unusual noises with no reasonable source. Often the sound of eerie winds whistling when none are present. This might include voices, and human like sounds coming out of thin air. Generally shrieking screams aren’t a good sign!
- Wretched stinks. Usually rotten egg sulfur smelling in nature. Although gentle ghosts may produce aromas that match the scent they had when alive. Most likely the perfume they wore.
- An unusual decrease in temperature isolated in a small area. The greater the decrease the more powerful the entity since this indicates an absorption of environmental energy. Even worse are sudden heat increases which indicates an energy release from an extremely powerful demon, or some other dark force!
- Lights flickering, and appliances running erratically, indicating an interruption in electrical flow due to metaphysical energy entities flowing about absorbing energy.
- Disturbing images in mirrors including the very vision of the spectral presence itself.
- Feeling the touch of something when nothing appears to be there. If scratches, and wounds result you should flee the home immediately!
- Objects moving on their own. The larger the object, and greater the movement, the more powerful a spirit you’re dealing with.
- Ectoplasm residue seeping from walls, ceilings, and floors. Ectoplasm comes in a wide range of colors, and textures. Any unexplained substance oozing out of walls, ceilings, floors, and even objects is most likely ectoplasm. A powerful transformation of metaphysical energy into rare metaphysical matter. This is the first step before a haunted being takes ultra rare physical form!
If you’re unsure about the haunted state of your home then contact a parapsychologist, ghost hunter, or other paranormal professional to certify the authenticity of your haunted house. If there’s any hint of dark spiritual animosity toward you, or other occupants of the haunted house then we recommend you leave immediately! The aforementioned paranormal professionals, or a Priest, may be able to drive the entity from your building through various means including blessing the home holy!