Poll

Will Obama declare martial law?

Yes
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Will Obama declare martial law?  (Read 7728 times)

supernaturalbeliever

• Zombie
    • View Profile
Will Obama declare martial law?
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
Just want to know how many people think that Obama will declare martial law. If you vote yes please tell us when you think it will happen by. My thoughts are that he will and it will be by the end of the year. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong on that.

Tigerhallam

Re: Will Obama declare martial law?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »
I'm not familiar with the term.

supernaturalbeliever

• Zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:01:28 PM »
Here's what Wikipedia has to say on Martial Law.

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis.

Martial law is usually imposed on a temporary basis when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, or provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread.

In most cases, military forces are deployed to subdue the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order.[1] Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. In full-scale martial law, the highest-ranking military officer would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.[1]

Martial law can be used by governments to enforce their rule over the public. Such incidents may occur after a coup d'

Tigerhallam

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:42:51 AM »
d'etat?
I don't think he'll bother.

supernaturalbeliever

• Zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
It got cut off so that's why it's like that. If you want to know more go to Wikipedia and read the rest.

Mystic Investigations Supernatural Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »